Check our Parrot Guide to Office Ergonomics!
Here’s a list of 7 easy office ergonomics tips to help you avoid fatigue and increase productivity:
1. Keep your head and neck in a straight line and relax your shoulders
⚠ An inclination of the head produces muscle fatigue in the cervical area. Pain can increase considerably if the inclination exceeds a 30º angle.
⚠ Repetitive lateral rotation of the head of more than 20 degrees is related to head and shoulder pain.
2. Your monitor should be at eye level
And, at least, at an arm’s length away.
3. Keep your forearms, wrists, and hands in a straight line
Excessive reaching might strain your arms and shoulders.
4. Keep your elbows close to the body and the mouse close to the keyboard
⚠ Excessive reaching might strain your arms and shoulders.
5. Your back and thighs should be at a 90º angle
⚠ A forward inclination of the torso without proper support in the lumbar area or the forearms may cause problems to the spine.
⚠ Repetitive torso rotation is a movement that usually causes severe injuries to the lumbar area.
6. Your legs and thighs should be at a 90° angle
⚠ A forward inclination of the femur causes a pressure increase on the thigh, which causes lower blood flow to the legs.
7. Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest
⚠ Dangling feet will put pressure on the back of your thighs and prevent proper blood flow.
Your workstation will only be ergonomic when it adapts to your body and needs.