⭐ TOP CHOICE
Cuddles Baby Goods seatbelt pillow
💸 BUDGET CHOICE
The SSAWcasa Seatbelt Pillow for Kids
🦄 CUTE CHOICE
The Unicorn Car Seat Belt Cushion for Kids
🔰 WITH POCKETS
The Seat Pet by Jay at Play
Cars are hypnotic. The soft hum of an engine can lull almost everyone to sleep in a matter of minutes. However, you and I both know that falling asleep in a car is also quite uncomfortable.
Enter, seat belt pillows: the ultimate solution to sore necks after car naps.
The best seat belt pillows for kids, reviewed
Here’s a curated list of the 6 best seat belt pillows based on features, value, and user opinions:
- SSAWcasa Seatbelt pillow for kids
- Seat belt pillow for kids by Cuddles Baby Goods
- Timorn seat belt pillow cover for kids
- Tulatoo Unicorn stuffed animal travel pillow
- Unicorn car seat belt cushion for kids
- Seat Pets by Jay at Play
1. SSAWcasa Seatbelt Pillow for Kids
✅ The pad is filled with PP cotton.
✅ Micro-suede cover.
✅ The cover can be removed and machine-washed.
The SSAWcasa Seatbelt Pillow for Kids is one of the most popular on the market. Let’s see why:
- The size: 11.5 x 4.7 x 2.5 inches.
- The materials: the plush pad is filled with PP cotton; and
- The cover is made of soft microsuede fabric with Velcro for opening/ closing. The cover is easy to remove and machine-washable.
The SSAWcasa is one of the most popular out of all the kids’ seat belt pillows in the market.
In fact, the manufacturer emphasizes that theirs is the authentic seatbelt pillow.
2. Seat Belt Pillow for Kids by Cuddles Baby Goods
✅ The inner pillow is made of cotton with a micro-suede cover.
✅ The cover can be removed and washed.
✅ Universal fit; comes with clips to keep it in place.
✅ 30-days money back guarantee.
I can’t think of a feature this Cuddles Baby Goods seatbelt pillow does not have. This is one of the most complete pillows in the market. Here’s why:
- What’s the size? This pillow is 11 x 5 x 3 inches.
- What is it made of? The inner pillow is made of cotton, and the cover is made from extra soft micro-suede fabric.
- Can I clean it? Yes. The cover can be easily removed and washed.
- The seller guarantees it will not lose its shape or softness after multiple washes.
- Will it stay in place and be comfortable? Yes, the universal fit makes attaching the pillow easy.
- The pillow also comes with clips to keep it in place.
- The warranty: 30-days money back guarantee.
3. Timorn car Seat Belt Shoulder Pads and Seatbelt Pillow cover for kids
✅ The pad is filled with PP cotton and covered by micro-suede fabric.
✅ The cover can be removed and washed.
✅ Universal fit; doesn’t come with clips to keep it in place.
The Timorn Car Seat Belt Pillow is actually a two-in-one: a seat belt pillow and a car seat belt adjuster designed to reduce damage from the seat belt.
- What’s the size? 11.8 x 4.7 inches.
- What is it made of? The seat belt shoulder pad is filled with PP cotton and covered by soft micro-suede fabric. The opening/closing is Velcro.
- The car seat belt adjuster is made of durable air mesh fabric.
- Can I wash it? Yes. The cover can be removed and washed.
- Will it stay in place and be comfortable? This universal seat belt pillow will fit virtually all seatbelt sizes. However, it does not include a clip so the pillow might not stay in place.
4. Tulatoo Unicorn Stuffed Animal Travel Pillow
✅ Made of 100% polyester
✅ Can be hand-washed.
✅ It’s designed so it won’t slide.
This whimsical seat belt pillow comes in the shape of a unicorn; a very fluffy travel companion perfect for long journeys.
- What is it made of? the unicorn’s ultra soft plush material is 100% polyester.
- Can I wash it? Yes, this pillow is hand-washable.
- Will it fit and stay in place? Yes, the standardized Velcro flap ensures the pillow can be connected to any car belt.
- Also, as per the seller, the pillow is designed so it won’t slide down the seat belt strap when laid on.
- Important: this seatbelt pillow is safe for children age 3 and older who are using a seat belt or booster seat. This pillow should not be used on a seat belt that restricts movement and is not suitable for booster seats or baby car seats.
5. Unicorn Car Seat Belt Cushion for Kids
✅ The pad is filled with PP cotton and covered in micro-suede fabric.
✅ It can be hand-washed.
✅ Includes two velcros to ensure it stays in place.
This cute unicorn or dinosaur-shaped car seat belt pillow has been designed according to body mechanics. In fact, the pillow’s shape has a bending (it corresponds to the unicorn’s chin and neck) to support the user’s neck and head.
- What is it made of? The fluffy pad is filled with PP cotton and the cover is made of soft micro-suede fabric with a Velcro opening/closing.
- Can I wash it? Yes, it can be hand-washed.
- Will it fit and be comfortable? The size of this travel pillow seat belt will fit almost all cars. It also includes two velcros to ensure it stays in place.
This multi-purpose seatbelt cushion can also be used as a toy, as a whimsical throw pillow, and as a little armrest.
6. Seat Pets Unicorn by Jay at Play
✅ Uses two straps to attach to the seat belt.
✅ It’s a seat belt pillow with pockets.
✅ There are multiple designs.
You may have seen this cute pillow on TV. The Seat Pet by Jay at Play is both a kid’s seat belt travel pillow and a plush animal toy.
- What is it made of? The material is not explicitly stated by the seller.
- Can I wash it? The cover is not removable. However, as per other users/buyers experiences, this pillow can be washed by hand or on a gentle cycle.
- Will it fit and be comfortable? Yes, the Seat Pet uses two straps to easily attach to the seat belts and can be adjusted up to ensure maximum support.
- Important: this pillow is safe for kids ages 3 and older who ride using a seat belt alone or booster seat, and it’s not intended for use with car seats or infant car carriers.
A very nice feature of this seat belt pillow pet is that it includes secret pockets, perfect to keep snacks, extra toys, or even water bottles.
The Seat Pets come in multiple designs: unicorns (like the picture above), dogs, lions, cows… You get to choose your favorite seat belt pillow animal!
How to choose the right seatbelt pillow: a quick guide
If you’re familiar with any of our specialty pillow guides, you know there are two aspects of any cushion we value over any other:
- The materials
- The cover
I’m other words: what is it made of and how is it covered.
1. The materials
We want the plush to be comfortable, hygienic, and safe.
As you might have realized, the majority of pillows in this list are made of either cotton or PP cotton.
The difference is that the former is a natural fiber whereas the later is man-made.
PP stands for polypropylene, which is a kind of polymer used in a wide variety of products, from clothes and stuffing to diapers and sanitary products.
On the one hand, PP cotton is not the organic material its name makes it out to seem.
However, by its very nature, it is quite breathable, resistant, and hygienic (and recyclable!).
2. The cover
When it comes to the cover, two main needs arise for a pillow of its kind:
- We don’t want it to get dirty easily; and, when it does,
- We want to be able to wash it.
By “getting dirty” we mean wear-resistance but also breathability.
The later is important because a pillow made to be slept on in a car is a pillow bound to get moist (saliva, water, juice…). Consequently, we want the moisture to dissipate quickly so it doesn’t lead to the not-so-fun stuff we detailed in this other post.
On the other hand, when the pillow eventually gets dirty (and it will- it’s a pillow for kids), we want to be able to wash it easily. Hence why a removable and machine-washable cover is preferable.
2.1. The cover fabric
As you might have noticed, the cover in most of these car seat belt pillows is made of micro-suede.
Microsuede is a microfiber, a fine synthetic fiber with a diameter smaller than ten micrometers.
Microfiber fabrics are usually soft to the touch, lightweight, breathable, easy to clean, and wrinkle and wear-resistant.
Micro-suede, as its name indicates, is a microfiber made to feel and look like actual suede.